Home Sports Dynamos suspend Genesis Mangombe amid match-fixing and juju allegations
Sports - June 24, 2026

Dynamos suspend Genesis Mangombe amid match-fixing and juju allegations

Dynamos suspend Genesis Mangombe amid match-fixing and juju allegations

For all the News from Mashonaland Central, Join One of Our Groups

Dynamos Football Club (Pvt) Ltd has suspended head coach Genesis Mangombe with immediate effect, pending the finalisation of investigations into what the club described as “several alleged acts of misconduct”.

In a suspension notice referenced DFC/GM02, Dynamos said the decision was taken by the club’s Board of Directors after receiving “numerous complaints and allegations” from some players, as well as concerns about Mangombe’s alleged conduct at Glamis Arena on Thursday 18 June 2026 towards members of the executive committee.

According to the letter, one of the allegations raised during a post-training technical meeting was made by goalkeeper Idrissou Nfor Finiar, who claimed the coach was forcing players to bathe in “juju” before matches. Dynamos said similar allegations had previously been raised by Christopher Netty, senior players through their captain, and Stanley Billiart. The club further alleged that players who refused to comply were threatened with not being selected on matchday.

Dynamos also cited an allegation of insubordination, stating that during the meeting at Glamis Arena Mangombe allegedly “disrespected” executive committee members, challenged them and then said he no longer wanted to continue as head coach before walking out. The notice further states that the club’s chief security officer, Mr Fakero, followed Mangombe to his car, where he allegedly repeated that he was no longer interested in remaining in the role.

To Advertise Inbox Us

Another allegation relates to the handling of players’ kit. The club claimed Mangombe withheld playing kits belonging to some players, including Idrissou Nfor Finiar, and sent them for “juju rituals”, only returning them on matchday shortly before a game. Dynamos said this was against club policy, adding that all kits are supposed to be kept by the kit manager.

The letter also lists serious allegations of “match-fixing or game manipulation”. Dynamos alleged Mangombe was involved in manipulating results so that the team would lose or draw rather than win. The notice links the claims to four matches: Dynamos vs Scotland FC (Castle Challenge Cup) on 1 March 2026, which Dynamos lost 5–0; Highlanders vs Dynamos (Charity Shield), which Dynamos lost 1–0; Dynamos vs Hunters, which ended 2–2; and Caps United vs Dynamos, which Dynamos lost 2–1. The club alleged that in the Scotland match, some players were played out of their natural positions “without justifiable reasons”.

Dynamos further alleged Mangombe repeatedly violated Castle Lager Premier Soccer League rules and regulations by disregarding a directive from the chief security officer not to instruct players to warm up by going around the entire pitch. The club said this allegedly happened again on Sunday 21 June 2026 at Barbourfields Stadium before the Highlanders vs Dynamos match, and that the match commissioner raised the matter. Dynamos said it anticipated possible sanctions and a fine.

In addition, the club alleged Mangombe failed to submit post-match reports to the club’s chief executive officer after games, claiming he had submitted “about three reports only” out of 20 matches despite reminders. Dynamos said the overall allegations, including those relating to “juju” and possible match manipulation, risk bringing the club and Zimbabwean football into disrepute.

Dynamos said the suspension is intended to allow investigations to proceed “without any interference”. The club noted that depending on the outcome, “appropriate and more specific charges” may follow.

During the suspension period, Dynamos said Mangombe is relieved of coaching duties and is not permitted to attend training sessions, matches or any official club events. The club added that he will continue to receive his full salary, benefits and entitlements, and is not allowed to sign with another football team unless his employment contract is terminated by mutual agreement or in line with the contract.

The notice also instructs Mangombe not to interfere with investigations, not to contact players, officials or executive committee members to influence their cooperation or statements, and to cooperate with investigators when required. He was also told not to give interviews or issue public statements about the allegations, as that could prejudice the investigations.

Dynamos said it guarantees the investigations will be conducted “in an impartial, transparent and unbiased manner”.

Follow Our WhatsApp Channel for all the News from Mashonaland Central – Bindura, Mbire, Guruve, Mount Darwin, Rushinga, Shamva, Mazowe & Muzarabani

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Check Also

Mundubile seeks new party route as Hichilema eyes second term

Mundubile seeks new party route as Hichilema eyes second term For all the News from Mashon…